3.3.2020 The latest firmware (FW) v.144 includes:
– Enabled control of DS-10 parameter from GN Control App
– The MQA logo and frequency shown on the display while listening MQA file
– Correction of some minor bugs
11.10.2019 The previous firmware (FW) v.130 includes:
– Addition of Chameleon functionalities. For the first time ever the Chameleon functions allow adjusting the sonic profile of the DS-10: the selection of three different profiles lets the listener change the sound character of the DAC: the PCM Equalisation curve (Low Pass filter), high-frequency De-emphasis and internal Power of the DAC. This enables adapting the DAC to one’s personal musical taste without changing the originally recorded audio signal.
– Correction of some minor bugs.
Before updating the unit please verify your DS-10 actually needs it. With the AC Power Cord removed, push and hold the front panel SKC rotary switch knob, then connect the AC Power Cord to turn the unit ON. The display will show the installed firmware version. If it’s not the v.144 or the display does not show anything the unit should be updated.
If you have problems with the firmware check, look at this tutorial on our Youtube channel.
After the registration you will be able to download the firmware update package and PDF guide in a single compressed file which needs to be extracted. The file contains both the firmware and the instructions for the upgrade in English, German and Italian both for Mac OS and Windows.
Please verify the mini-USB cable necessary to connect the DS-10 to the computer works properly before starting the update.
Do not reset the DS-10 if the computer does not show the unit as a common USB memory flash drive once connected otherwise the DS-10 memory will be completely erased making a factory re-booting necessary.